The purpose of the BSF Classroom Innovation Grants program is to fuel innovation in the classroom by incorporating creative, original, or out-of-the-box methods in the classroom.
The deadline is Friday, October 20th.
BSF is deeply grateful to you, our educators. We could not achieve our mission without you. Thank you for always stepping up to support, champion, and volunteer with BSF. You are our most valuable partners and advocates.
• Projects that are creative and innovative
• New ways of approaching teaching and learning
• Pilot projects that could, over time, scale to more classrooms and school buildings
• Opportunities for collaboration among teachers, community partners, departments
• Projects that benefit a large number of students
We encourage you to think big. BSF wants to partner with you to test new ideas.
• Workbooks or schools supplies
• Online subscriptions
• Furniture, room dividers, or capital requests for classrooms (unless there is a clear innovative component to the request)
• Professional development trainings (BSF will provides $105,000 in professional development funds to BISD this year. Please contact your principal if you have a professional development request.)
• Teacher salary, release time substitutes, and para-pro positions
• Proposal deadline: October 20th
• Grant decisions announced on Tuesday, November 14th
• Spring Grant Showcase: April/May TBD
• We have $60,000 budgeted for grants. A suggested range for requests is $2,500-$10,000.
• Requests for technology must be approved by the IT Department. Please reach out to Randi Ivancich for feedback and approval before submitting your application.
• Please ensure your principal supports your grant request before submission.
• Grant applications are read by lay people, so be clear and concise to help the committee understand the value of your project.
• Please submit an accurate grant application and clearly written budget. Please include tax and shipping in your budget.
The purpose of this showcase event is to give teachers an opportunity to exhibit their innovative projects, to share best practices with their peers, and to showcase the work to our donors and school communities. This is our first year to host a showcase. It will be held in the spring and open to all.
To access the grant application please go here.